facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Pages

Sunday 13 July 2014

Lips: Bold vs Nude

Even though I don't often wear lipstick I somehow seem to have accumulated rather a few! So this week I decided to put two of them to the test. I went for two opposites - Bold vs Nude.

The first I tried was the L'Oreal Infallible 24H Lip Colour in Flawless Fuchsia which you can buy from Boots for £9.99. I was drawn to the beautiful bright pink colour on the side of the bottle. 


The second is the Illamasqua Glamore Nude Lipstick in Rosepout which I received in the Latest in Summer Glamour Edit Latest in Beauty box (see my earlier post). You can also buy it froIllamasqua for £18.50. 


I applied the Illamasqua nude lipstick over lip balm to keep my lips moist. The nude lip colour created a modest look which looked great with fuller eye makeup. The only down side was that it rubbed off quite easily so it would be a good idea to keep it in your handbag! 


I applied the L'Oreal lip colour by first using the colour brush and then once that dried I applied the lip balm that is included on the other side. The resulting colour is gorgeous and really brightens up your face. I was also very impressed with the stamina of the L'Oreal lip colour. I popped some on in the morning before work and by the afternoon, it had only rubbed off a little around the edges. This was even more noticeable when I tried to wash it off my arm (after the photo shoot) and ended up having to scrub it off with a makeup wipe! With this bold lip look I wear more subtle eye makeup, usually just eyeliner and mascara otherwise it would be an overload!! 


If I had to choose between the two looks I would definitely go for the bold lips as it looks more playful and lasts longer. Although it's hardly fair to compare an infallible 24H lip colour to a normal lipstick.


Will you be going bold or nude this summer? (I'm talking about lipstick of course!)





No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme