facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Pages

Tuesday 15 July 2014

July Birchbox - Sun, Sea and Sand

Birchbox is a monthly beauty box subscription service. It is yet another beauty box I am subscribed to (I'm a little obsessed with beauty boxes!). The service costs £10 (plus £2.95 postage) each month and every box contains at least 5 beauty samples. There are also variations between the boxes depending on the information you enter on your beauty profile.



July's theme is Sun, Sea and Sand. My box contained:
  1. Whish Three Whishes Lavender Body Butter (£14.50 for 150ml from Birchbox)
  2. Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream (£20 for 15ml from Birchbox)
  3. LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil in Menatour (£14 from Birchbox)
  4. Benefit The Porefessional (£24.50 from Birchbox)
  5. Models Own Glitter Nail Polish in Aqua Splash (£5 from Birchbox)
  6. Filosofille 4-Sided Nail Buffer (I couldn't find this product online but there were other products from the brand available at Selfridges)

I was first drawn to the purple LAQA & Co. 'Lip Lube'. Purple lip colour is definitely for the adventurous and I had never tried it before. I didn't think it would suit me but it actually looked great on! Although it had a yummy peppermint smell to it I did resist trying to eat it.



I was really pleased with the Models Own nail polish colour. It's a beautiful aqua colour with silver speckles of glitter in it. I'm looking forward to trying it next time I change my nail polish. I will also be using the emery board as its a nail essential.




The Whish Body Butter had a lovely lavender smell to it and it wasn't greasy like a lot of body butters can be. It's a great product to apply after having a shower or a bath to keep your body moisturised and smelling good.




I already had a bottle of the Benefit Porefessional which I often use as it's perfect for hiding large pores so I was happy to get a refill! I loved the box it came in (unfortunately it's only a picture of a Porefessional action figure!).




I tested the Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream by rubbing a small amount underneath each eye and it was soaked up in no time. I couldn't really notice any results because you probably have to use it daily for a few weeks before you see the benefits. Another great smelling product in the box, this one smelt like cucumber! I'm sure with a name like Wonder Eye Cream it will do wonders!





The box even contained some cute themed cards with beauty tips on the back. Overall I enjoyed this month's Birchbox and am intrigued to see what other people got in theirs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme