facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Pages

Monday 14 September 2015

#ManiMonday - Polka Dot Nails


Today I decided to have another attempt at polka dot nails!

A few weeks ago when I was perusing all the make-up and nail polish shelves in Superdrug, I discovered the Barry M Nail Art Pens. I have tried using dotting tools in the past which you dip in nail polish but failed so miserably that my nails just ended up with messy splodges on them! So when I saw the nail art pens I was super excited at the prospect of being able to do better nail designs. The pens were available in black, white and pink so I thought I’d try out the black one first (there are more colours on the Superdrug website).

I was very impressed with how easy the nail art pens are to use. After shaking the pen, you just pump down on the tip a couple of times to get the nail polish running through it and then you can doodle and dot away!

I started with the BarryM All in One Basecoat and Topcoat and then put a couple of layers of the BarryM Gelly Hi Shine Nail Polish in Sky Blue (you only need a couple of layers because it is quick thick). Then to do the polka dots using the Barry M Black Nail Art Pen, I started with a line of dots in the middle and worked outwards in lines on either side. It doesn’t matter if you put a dot in the wrong place as the finished result still looks pretty. I then repeated this on all my nails, waited for it to dry and put another layer of the Barry M All in One. Surprisingly it didn’t take hours like I thought it might! Only 15 minutes from start to finish.



Below is my first #ManiMonday attempt at polka dot nails using white Ciate Nail Polish in SnowVirgin as a base. (They may look good now but I did have to paint over a couple of nails and start again after making a mess!). On my second attempt I think I nailed it!!


You can buy the Barry M Nail Art pens for £4.99 from Superdrug in a variety of colours and there’s also a corrector pen!

I’d recommend you having a go, it’s much easier than you think!

Have you tried the nail art pens? What do you think? Let me know in the comments below if you have any nail art tips!


4 comments:

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme