facebook twitter pinterest instagram youtube bloglovin
 photo toppost.png

Pages

Tuesday 26 July 2016

#BloggersBall 2016 – Brands to Watch


Last month I attended a Bloggers Ball (yes, an actual ball for bloggers!). It was so exciting and gave me an excuse to dress up! The event was held in the ultra-chic DSTRKT next to London’s Piccadilly Circus. 

The lovely Scarlett from Scarlett London Events (who organised the ball) greeted us at the front door. As we walked into the main room, there were deliciously cute cupcakes and fruity cocktails waiting for us! It was a fun and lively atmosphere with waiters handing out cocktails and canapés throughout the event and there were so many brands to discover!



Enticed by the chocolates and candles, I wandered over to the Selfie stall which was full of tanning products. I’m naturally fair-skinned and find it hard to tan so I was pleased to see instant tanning lotion! The brand rep kindly demonstrated the instant tanning lotion which looked super easy to use. They also sell gradual tanning products if you want to build up your tan over summer. Perfect for the English weather!



Boho Betty had all sorts of colourful and summery wrap bracelets on display. I love wrap bracelets because they fit to your wrist and are more unlikely to fall off (I seem to lose things all the time!).  They currently have a sale on their website which makes the bracelets very affordable! At the event, they hosted a competition to see who could design the best stack of Boho Betty bracelets - unfortunately I didn’t win but here's my stack...





I was amazed to hear that On The Dot pick up and deliver packages anywhere. So if you're in town with loads of bags and realise you want to go out for the night, they can come and collect the shopping and deliver it to your home the next day! They are very flexible and make it super convenient by offering 1-hour delivery windows. 



Fei Liu caught my eye with their dazzling jewellery. The designs are so beautiful, feminine and elegant – the sort that you would see on glamorous women on the red carpet. I loved the cascade collection, which was inspired by the movement and strength of flowing water. I met the wonderful Fei Liu who designs all the jewellery and he kindly styled a glamorous cascade necklace on me. I didn’t want to take it off! You can see more designs on the website at www.feiliu.co.uk

   




I discovered Lipivir, which is a little miracle formula that keeps cold sores at bay. So if you frequently get cold sores, you can put this on your lips to prevent a breakout.

I had the most fun at the Lipivir lounge where there were loads of games to play. I enjoyed trying to draw a face whilst blindfolded(!), taking an instapic with quirky accessories such as lips and moustaches, and guessing how many lipsticks were in a bag! I then got to try on lipsticks and keep my favourite!



I hadn’t heard of Vatika before this event but apparently you can find them in Superdrug, Tesco, and Asda. Vatika use natural ingredients to create beauty products, including argan oil, tea tree, cactus, amla, olive oil, black seed, and honey. I tried the honey moisturiser on my hand and it smelled delicious and felt very smooth. 



I loved Bon Prix's new summer collection!  They had a range of cute pieces from maxi dresses to boho dresses to summer evening cardigans – everything you need for heading to the beach this summer. This monochrome maxi dress was my favourite…



Whilst at the event, I also discovered JustBeauty which is an online beauty shop selling everything from nail polish to shampoo. They offered manicures and were demonstrating some very pretty polishes from brands including Orly and Bluesky. Orly are one of my favourite nail brands with their vitamin-enriched and high-pigmented polishes. 


So...? Fragrance

So..? have released a range of floral, fruity, and feminine fragrances. Four of them were themed by cities, including Paris, Rio, NYC, and London. I fell in love with Rio – it’s refreshingly sweet, and reminds me of a Pina Colada. I also tried so many body sprays that I ended up smelling like I’d fallen into a perfume-filled bath!






An actual spa for your handbag! The Handbag Spa restore and rejuvenate luxury handbags and give them new life. They can even collect and deliver handbags nationwide, so you can send your handbag to the spa from anywhere!


Jewellery Box had a wonderful little woodland fairytale display at the event. I couldn’t stop admiring the stackable rings. They sell tons of unique silver and gold jewellery in their online jewellery shop. The prices are very affordable making it easy to justify buying enough to wear a different necklace every day of the week! 



Overall

There were so many brands at the event, I didn't manage to visit all of them but I had so much fun! The brand reps were so friendly and helpful, and I really enjoyed finding out about new products and brands.

Scarlett London is back with the #BloggersFestival in September! I'm so excited, I've already booked my ticket for it! I’d definitely recommend attending, even if you’re new to blogging. 


3 comments:

  1. I am so happy to come across this piece of write up, very much advanced my understanding to the next top level. Great job and continue to do same.
    RIP Wheeler Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems to be really interesting event. By the way adorable Artificial Jewelry designs.

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme